- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
D. Michael Lynn
Latest D. Michael Lynn Items
A bankruptcy judge Friday rejected a last-minute higher bid on the Texas Rangers from Major League Baseball's preferred buyer, a deal that would have canceled next week's auction.
The Texas Rangers' auction is on.
Angry creditors have thrown plans for an Aug. 4 auction of the Texas Rangers into jeopardy, saying they don't like the bidding procedures and arguing that the lease for the team's ballpark should be severed from the sale.
A federal bankruptcy judge decided Tuesday that the Texas Rangers will be auctioned off after all, despite angry creditors' claims that the bidding process is unfair and still favors Major League Baseball's preferred buyer.