- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - D. West Jr.
The chairman of the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics plans to resign, just two weeks after the board's executive director also stepped down, D.C. officials said Monday.
The federal prosecutor for the District will investigate Kwame R. Brown's re-election committee for suspected criminal violations of campaign finance law after city elections officials Thursday substantiated findings of widespread irregularities during the D.C. Council chairman's 2008 re-election race.
Mr. West said his board "can't put deadlines on the U.S. attorney," but he pledged to revisit the issue for final proceedings and appropriate civil penalties once the federal prosecutor has spoken.