- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
Da Afghanistan Bank
Latest Da Afghanistan Bank Items
Political interference stymied an investigation into the collapse of Afghanistan's largest bank, according to an independent report of how the men at Kabul Bank and their friends and relatives got rich off $861 million in fraudulent loans.
Political interference stymied an investigation into the collapse of Afghanistan's largest bank, according to an independent report on how the men at Kabul Bank and their friends and relatives got rich off $861 million in fraudulent loans.
The former head of the Afghan central bank who has fled to the United States will be prosecuted for his role in the failure of the nation's largest private lender, the Afghan attorney general's office said Tuesday.
If the reports are correct that my client, Mahmood Karzai, is under criminal investigation by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, it would be further evidence that the United States has misplaced priorities in helping Afghanistan dismantle systemic corruption and build a stable central government that can survive the inevitable day when U.S. and coalition troops are no longer there.