- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Daily Herald Items
Five weeks after a deadly mudslide buried about three dozen homes, Snohomish County officials have scheduled a Monday news briefing to discuss plans to end active search operations in the Oso debris field.
A suburban Chicago man was sentenced to 23 years in prison for the 2011 stabbing death of his father.
The Snohomish County Council has drafted an emergency, six-month moratorium to ban new housing construction within a half-mile of landslide hazard areas, such as the Oso community hillside that collapsed March 22.
Provo officials say crews found and extinguished three more fires that appear to be set by arson early Tuesday.
Fire investigators say a pattern is emerging, and they suspect one or more arsonists is responsible for a series of blazes at a neighborhood of vacant duplex homes in north Provo.
A federal campaign account for imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is now empty, two years into the Chicago Democrat's prison term.
Utah elections officials say they don't know who in recent weeks mailed legislative endorsements and attacks purporting to represent a nonprofit group.
Two boys, 6 and 8, where checked at a hospital after their school bus rear-ended a semi-truck Wednesday morning at Marysville.
A suburban Chicago man has pleaded guilty to a criminal sexual assault charge in a 2012 attack on a 7-year-old girl.