- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
Latest Daily Herald Items
A northern Illinois fire district plans to sell advertising on its firetrucks and ambulances in order to raise much-needed money after voters rejected a tax increase.
Gun range owners around Illinois say they're struggling to keep up with demand as thousands of residents try to meet guidelines to get new concealed carry permits.
Before his sentencing on Thursday, 22-year-old Bryan James Scott apologized for kicking and stomping on Christopher Patterson's head during a 2012 bar fight in Mountlake Terrace.
Prosecutors in Snohomish County, Wash., have dropped a felony charge against a corrections officer accused of coercing female county jail inmates to engage in sexual activity with him.
The new science building at the University of Washington Bothell has room for 1,000 students.
A 22-year-old suburban Chicago man has been convicted of first-degree murder for the 2011 stabbing and beating death of his father.
A Snohomish, Wash., man accused of tackling his wife and breaking her leg in multiple places, then waiting three days to summon help, has pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and criminal mistreatment.
A homicide suspect who was shot by police at Mukilteo has died of his wounds.
A jury has convicted a 26-year-old Utah County man on eight charges of sexual exploitation of a minor as part of a 2011 large-scale child-pornography sting in the state.