- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
Latest Daily News Items
Westboro Baptist Church members have announced plans to protest and picket at the funeral of Hollywood actor Paul Walker, who, along with another man, died Saturday in a fiery car crash in California.
The female CEO of Archie Comics accused by five employees of being sexually inappropriate said she can't possibly be guilty of harassment, since the people lodging complaints against her are all white men.
Former New York mobster John A. Gotti, the son of late "Dapper Don" John Gotti, was stabbed during a dispute in front of a CVS pharmacy on Long Island Sunday night, police said.
Malcolm X's heirs have gone to court to stop a Chicago company from publishing his diaries.
Joy Johnson, the oldest woman to complete the New York City Marathon on Sunday, died just one day later at age 86.
The New York state attorney general has launched an investigation into the "shopping while black" complaints surrounding Barneys and Macy's after four people have claimed to be victims of racial profiling at the popular retailers.
Residents in the rural areas of Anadarko, Okla., were urged to lock their doors Sunday morning after four inmates escaped through the jail's plumbing system.
A Texas woman was arrested, strip searched and jailed for an overdue traffic ticket Wednesday, a local CBS affiliate first reported.
A group of 10 black youths blocked a white couple's car in Brooklyn, N.Y., brutally beating the husband and slamming the wife's head into the pavement by her hair as they shouted racial epithets, the New York Daily News reported.