- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Latest Daily News Items
The Cowlitz County coroner's office says a man found dead April 19 in his tent at a homeless camp near Longview apparently died six days earlier.
The former owner of a Southern California hospital has pleaded guilty to federal charges related to his role in a medical fraud scheme.
The 44th Native Youth Olympics are underway in Anchorage.
Federal prosecutors and the Philadelphia district attorney have declined to file charges against four narcotics officers accused of wrongdoing in a Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper series.
Victims of a wildfire that burned 24 homes have sued the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, claiming the utility started the huge blaze and failed to properly maintain power lines and equipment.
Nothing harmful was found in a solution given to students in the medical assistant program who practiced by giving themselves shots, the University of Alaska Fairbanks said.
The Fairbanks City Council has rejected a labor contract for the second time in two weeks.
Emergency crews in southern Kentucky are searching for a woman in Barren River after the boat she was in capsized as it topped the Greencastle Dam.
The New York State Associated Press Association has announced results of its 2013 contest recognizing excellent writing, presentation, photography and graphics in AP member newspapers.