- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Daily News Items
The president of the Alaska Correctional Officers Association is suing top officials with the state Department of Corrections, alleging he was repeatedly harassed for his union advocacy.
Fairbanks police say two men stole $1,000 worth of chewing tobacco after breaking into a shop.
A southwest Florida man faces life in prison for his part in a fatal robbery.
The strychnine poisonings of three dogs in northwest Kansas has prompted the Humane Society of the United States to offer a $5,000 reward for information in the deaths.
A former New York City cabbie has been found guilty of the 1993 murder of his girlfriend.
A fast-moving fire gutted an apartment building early Wednesday, seriously burning one man and leaving more than 50 people homeless, fire officials said.
Warm weather is forcing changes to the start and finish of the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race.
An unseasonably warm winter has had a long run in Alaska, breaking records and turning plants green.
About 70 customers in downtown Fairbanks who get steam heat from a utility will see their bills temporarily increase by 43 percent.