- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
Latest Daily News Items
A vote by the Mat-Su Borough Assembly failed to override a mayoral veto of a budget amendment that would have given the school district $350,000 for a preschool program.
The head of the Alaska Alcoholic Beverage Control Board is resigning after helping move the department under the control of the state's Commerce department instead of Public Safety.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough is disputing the school board made defamatory comments when firing a superintendent.
An Eagle River woman has died in a single vehicle rollover on the Parks Highway near Wasilla.
An official says a fire at a three-story Anchorage apartment building has left 24 people without a home.
A federal facility that houses research materials and government records from Alaska will close next month.
New charges related to the shooting deaths of two Alaska State Troopers accuse a father and son of moving the bodies of the two dead officers to reposition their service weapons.
An Anchorage assemblywoman is rolling out a proposal to repeal Mayor Dan Sullivan's labor law changes.
The state of Alaska has agreed to pay $1 million to settle a lawsuit filed by man who claims he was placed into the adoptive care of an abusive couple.