- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Daily News Items
A commission that oversees the conduct of state judges is recommending a 45-day suspension without pay for a Palmer judge.
Police say a man in his 70s lost control of his truck and drove it through the wall of a Fairbanks apartment. The driver and a woman inside the apartment were sent to a hospital for treatment of scrapes and bruises.
Authorities have charged a Fairbanks man with first-degree murder following a shooting in an apartment earlier this week.
A house fire has killed two people in the Glenn Highway community of Sutton east of Palmer.
A memorial service for two Alaska State Troopers killed in the line of duty will be broadcast statewide.
A 42-year-old man who fired a slingshot at Alaska State Troopers has been sentenced to two years in prison.
A claim has been filed against the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District by the family of a student whom authorities say was sexually abused by a school correspondence teacher.
A 22-year-old Ketchikan man has been charged with furnishing alcohol to five teens and sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.
The Alaska Supreme Court has ruled that a state trooper who had consensual sex with a domestic violence victim hours after helping arrest her husband should not have been fired.