- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Planning for the last attack doesn't make Americans safer
Topic - Dallas Symphony Orchestra
The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is an American orchestra. It performs its concerts in the Meyerson Symphony Center in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, Texas, United States. - Source: Wikipedia
An executive with the Charlotte Symphony has been named to lead the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
This time last year, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra was about a month removed from a contentious musicians' strike that worsened its already strained finances. Now, the rebounding organization aims to raise the roof _ and hopefully $1 million _ with help from a hometown musician known more for rock, rap and country than classical.
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra has announced the appointment of Kimberly Ann Kaloyanides (kal-ee-oh-NEE'-dihs) Kennedy as acting concertmaster for the 2011-12 season.
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra's longtime concertmaster is leaving the ensemble to join the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
Darin Atwater, like Beethoven, one of his musical muses, started playing piano at the age of 4. Beethoven left school at 11 to become an assistant organist; Mr. Atwater's first arrangement came at the same age, when he wrote a rendition of the gospel standard "Blessed Assurance" for the choir of the Third Street Church of God in the District.