- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Dan Akerson Items
The General Motors Foundation awarded a total of $1 million in grants to three Detroit charities on Monday in honor of the automaker's former chief executive.
General Motors Co.'s new CEO, Mary Barra, says she will largely keep in place the plans of her predecessor, from a restructuring in Europe to a focus on improving profit margins. But she hopes to accelerate that progress.
General Motors Co. says new CEO Mary Barra will get a base salary of $1.6 million per year as she takes over the global automaker.
The incoming CEO of General Motors hopes her appointment as the first woman to lead a global automaker will inspire young women and men to pursue careers in science.
General Motors' board has named product development chief Mary Barra as the company's next CEO, a person briefed on the matter says.
Longtime General Motors executive Mary Barra, currently the company's global product development chief, will be the next CEO of the Detroit-based automaker, succeeding Dan Akerson, who announced Tuesday he will retire next month.
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon plans to apologize before members of Congress on Wednesday for a trading loss of more than $2 billion and to say that the bank has taken steps to make sure it does not happen again.
Government Motors has become yet another mouthpiece for the Obama administration. General Motors Co. CEO Dan Akerson told the Detroit News Saturday that he wants a $1 per gallon hike in the gas tax. Consumers already facing nearly $4 a gallon prices at the pump aren't going to be pleased to see that figure jump overnight to $5, but the left and its crony capitalist allies don't care what the public thinks.
General Motors' finance chief is leaving after being passed over for chief executive officer.