- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Dan Backer
A staffer who worked on the 2012 presidential campaign of former House Speaker and current cable news host Newt Gingrich has launched a new political action committee this week in an attempt to galvanize support to "draft" Mr. Gingrich to run for U.S. Senate next year against Sen. Mark Warner, Virginia Democrat.
"With his history of support for far-reaching government reforms and fiscal sanity — for actually balancing the budget — Newt Gingrich was Tea Party before there was a tea party," said Dan Backer, the PAC's treasurer. "No one can better articulate the values of millions of Virginians seeking an end to government overreach, the repeal of Obamacare and tax relief for hardworking Americans. And, Newt is one of the few potential candidates who can unite tea party conservatives and establishment republicans behind a winning ticket."