- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
Latest Dan Beebe Items
A panel of college administrators agree the NCAA business model has to change to survive.
The five power conferences are trying to redefine what it takes to operate a Division I college athletic program, with their commissioners calling out the NCAA at media days around the country.
Ousted Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe says he touted equal revenue sharing and members handing their television rights to the conference years ago, but the schools _ and not just Texas _ liked the idea of being able to start their own networks.
Needing someone strong and savvy to mend the Big 12, the league has turned to a former Big Eight commissioner who also helped usher in the era of college football as big business.
Seemingly headed for disaster, the Big 12 Conference may have come up with a way to stick around.
Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe is out after the conference nearly collapsed for the second time in just over a year.
Big 12 leaders will meet Thursday, trying to find ways to stabilize the conference, including changing the leadership.
The Big 12 dumped its embattled commissioner Thursday and said nine schools had pledged to give their TV rights to the conference for the next six years, a step intended to preserve a fractured league that has lost two members in the past year and is expected to lose another by next summer.
Hoping to heal their fractured conference, Big 12 leaders scheduled a private summit Thursday to start patching up hurt feelings and stabilize the league.