- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Dan Ellis
It was a golden opportunity to cut into Carolina's Southeast Division lead and pick up two valuable points. A fraction of an inch separated elation from disappointment.
When Cam Ward went down with a knee injury, it looked like trouble. Neither backup Dan Ellis nor minor league starter Justin Peters was considered a bonafide replacement, but the Hurricanes made it clear they would ride with them. So far, it has proven successful.
You remember Brandon Jacobs. He was that big, bulky fullback for the New York Giants, the one the Washington Redskins loved to arm tackle. Well, he's gotten himself in some extra-large trouble with his new team, the San Francisco 49ers, for a Series of Unfortunate Instagram Posts.
Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Mike Smith is out of the lineup with an injured left knee.
Adam Hall scored two goals, Scott Jackson and Dana Tyrell had two assists each, and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Dallas Stars 4-2 on Tuesday night in the preseason opener for both teams.