- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Dan Gainor Items
A cultural tug of war is brewing between conservatives and liberals over the message of "The Hunger Games." Are the popular teen novels and films a leftist call for the downtrodden to rise up against the rich? Or an Orwellian take on the dangers of Big Government?
Even 24,471 days later, D-Day remains a strong presence in the American mindset. Monday is the 67th anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy on June 6, 1944, and will be marked by a dozen U.S. lawmakers and 40 World War II veterans who gather at Cricqueville-en-Bessin, France, to rededicate the Pointe du Hoc Ranger Monument.
Do we have ignition here? Iowa Republicans already have predicted that Rep.Michele Bachmann's appearance at a Polk County Republican dinner in Des Moines on Thursday night will be "historic," complete with an announcement from the Minnesota lawmaker that she plans to run for president in 2012.