- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Dan Scott
A man considered a bully by some of his St. Louis neighbors has been sentenced to one year of probation for harassment.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Among his supporters, Dan Scott is practically a savior, a 44-year-old community activist and self-employed property manager whose youth boxing gym and chess club help keep troubled St. Louis teens off the streets.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The sentencing hearing for a St. Louis man considered a neighborhood savior to some, a bully to others, is on hold.
For 10 agonizing minutes, an 18-year-old mentally disabled woman was raped in the back of a near-empty Los Angeles County bus as it rolled past a state park and a cemetery, and no one did anything about it.
A second teacher pulled from a classroom at Miramonte Elementary School this week was arrested Friday, just days after a third-grade teacher was charged with lewd acts involving photographing nearly two dozen children for sexual thrills, authorities said.
An elementary-school teacher suspected of taking bizarre bondage-style photographs of children in his class was investigated in 1994 for allegedly trying to fondle a 10-year-old girl, authorities disclosed Thursday.
A Minnesota woman accused of funneling money to a terrorist group in Somalia was handcuffed and removed from a courtroom Monday when she refused to stand for the judge hearing the case.
Scott, testifying at his trial, said the charges were part of an effort to force him out of the neighborhood.
"She takes everything to heart. She forgot a few times and stuck her hand in the kitchen sink. When she realized what she did, she took out alcohol and washed her hands. Scrubbed them. She was really scared," he said.