- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Dan Shulman
ESPN has unearthed clips of manager Bobby Valentine and pitcher Orel Hershiser sitting in the dugout for the 1999 New York Mets, animatedly discussing some baseball topic lost to history.
Nomar Garciaparra will become the analyst for ESPN's Wednesday night baseball telecasts this season. Dave O'Brien will join him as the play-by-play voice.
Orel Hershiser, Bobby Valentine and Dan Shulman will form the new announcing team for "Sunday Night Baseball," ESPN announced Wednesday.
"We'd like to tie a bow on the week that was and open up the box on the week that will be," Shulman said.