- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Daniel Alfredsson
The Detroit Red Wings regularly were Stanley Cup contenders not long ago.
The Detroit Red Wings have scratched forward Daniel Alfredsson from their lineup for Game 3 against the Boston Bruins because of a back injury.
The Detroit Red Wings experienced a lull after a fast start but got the two points they needed.
The Detroit Red Wings made some breaks and got some against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Gustav Nyquist is making the most of his opportunity to play a lot for the injury-depleted Detroit Red Wings.
Daniel Alfredsson scored a go-ahead goal late in the second period and Sweden went on to beat Latvia 5-3 Saturday, staying undefeated and earning an automatic spot in hockey quarterfinals at the Olympics.
The Swedes (2-0) moved into a favorable position to earn a spot in the quarterfinals as the only undefeated team in Group C. With a victory over winless Latvia on Saturday, they would be among the final eight in the 12-nation tournament.
Sweden escaped with a 1-0 win over Switzerland on Friday morning after a long battle of blocked shots and terrific goaltending by Henrik Lundqvist and Reto Berra.
The Detroit Red Wings latest milestone game had a disheartening outcome.
The Detroit Red Wings were finally able to dominate the Florida Panthers.
Jaromir Jagr is still available. So is goalie Tim Thomas, who continues exploring whether to make a comeback after taking a season off.
Jaromir Jagr wants to extend his NHL career, and his agent said some teams are "very interested" in his 41-year-old client.
Daniel Alfredsson bolted from the Ottawa Senators to sign with the Detroit Red Wings, sensing that was the best move he could make in his drive to win a championship before his career ends.
Daniel Alfredsson is joining the Detroit Red Wings to make perhaps his final run at an elusive championship, and Stephen Weiss is in it for the long haul in the Motor City.
Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson isn't quite ready for the traditional season-ending handshake. Yet he knows if the Senators can't find a way to slow down slow down the Pittsburgh Penguins, it's coming soon.
Alfredsson told reporters in Boston he likely will re-sign with the Red Wings as a free agent if he does not retire.
"As a family we've had a fabulous time in Detroit," he said.