- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Daniel Alfredsson Items
The Detroit Red Wings regularly were Stanley Cup contenders not long ago.
The Detroit Red Wings have scratched forward Daniel Alfredsson from their lineup for Game 3 against the Boston Bruins because of a back injury.
The Detroit Red Wings experienced a lull after a fast start but got the two points they needed.
The Detroit Red Wings made some breaks and got some against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Gustav Nyquist is making the most of his opportunity to play a lot for the injury-depleted Detroit Red Wings.
Daniel Alfredsson scored a go-ahead goal late in the second period and Sweden went on to beat Latvia 5-3 Saturday, staying undefeated and earning an automatic spot in hockey quarterfinals at the Olympics.
Sweden escaped with a 1-0 win over Switzerland on Friday morning after a long battle of blocked shots and terrific goaltending by Henrik Lundqvist and Reto Berra.
The Swedes (2-0) moved into a favorable position to earn a spot in the quarterfinals as the only undefeated team in Group C. With a victory over winless Latvia on Saturday, they would be among the final eight in the 12-nation tournament.
The Detroit Red Wings latest milestone game had a disheartening outcome.