- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Daniel Day-Lewis Items
Before the big show, the Oscars have a casual day.
When Zac Efron found himself behind Daniel Day-Lewis in the backstage bathroom line, he used the opportunity to express his admiration.
Ben Affleck's "Argo," a film about a fake movie, has earned a very real prize: best picture at the Academy Awards.
For a moment, it looked the Oscar stage had turned into the Mount Olympus of acting.
Show Bits brings you the 85th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
Daniel Day-Lewis has won the Academy Award for best actor for his exactingly authentic performance as President Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's historical drama.
Daniel Day-Lewis has joined a select group of Academy Award recipients with his third Oscar, taking the best-actor trophy Sunday for his monumental performance as Abraham Lincoln in the Civil War saga "Lincoln."
Some firsts and other rarities are possible at Sunday night's Academy Awards. But if the Oscars could be just a little less predictable, the show might really be one for the record books.
The Iran-hostage drama "Argo" continued its journey from awards-season outsider to favorite on Sunday, winning three prizes, including best picture, at the British Academy Film Awards.