- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Daniel Descalso
The Cardinals and infielder Daniel Descalso avoided arbitration, agreeing to a $1.29 million, one-year contract, the midpoint between the $1.65 million he had asked for and the $930,000 St. Louis had offered.
Carlos Beltran thought he would miss Game 2 of the World Series after bruising his ribs when he banged into a fence in the opener.
The scene in the visitors' clubhouse early Saturday morning was what could have been for the Washington Nationals.
Cardinals third baseman David Freese will have surgery on his broken left hand and is expected to miss nine to 12 weeks, his latest extended setback.
"When we didn't play good defense, we ended up getting beat," Descalso said. "When they didn't play good defense, they ended up getting beat. So that was kind of the way the series went."
"For all the years he played and the first World Series game he comes out in the second inning, I'm just glad he's OK," Cardinals infielder Daniel Descalso said. "It could have been a lot worse"