- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Daniel Descalso
The Cardinals and infielder Daniel Descalso avoided arbitration, agreeing to a $1.29 million, one-year contract, the midpoint between the $1.65 million he had asked for and the $930,000 St. Louis had offered.
Carlos Beltran thought he would miss Game 2 of the World Series after bruising his ribs when he banged into a fence in the opener.
The scene in the visitors' clubhouse early Saturday morning was what could have been for the Washington Nationals.
Cardinals third baseman David Freese will have surgery on his broken left hand and is expected to miss nine to 12 weeks, his latest extended setback.
"When we didn't play good defense, we ended up getting beat," Descalso said. "When they didn't play good defense, they ended up getting beat. So that was kind of the way the series went."
"For all the years he played and the first World Series game he comes out in the second inning, I'm just glad he's OK," Cardinals infielder Daniel Descalso said. "It could have been a lot worse"