- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Daniel Inouye
The University of Hawaii has unveiled plans for the future center named after the late U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye, incorporating ideas that came from the public.
President Barack Obama on Monday threw his support to Sen. Brian Schatz over Colleen Hanabusa in Hawaii's Senate race, stepping into a primary that has been divisive for voters in the state where Obama was born.
U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa of Hawaii says the way her competitor's allies have made age an issue in her run for U.S. Senate is insulting to voters.
U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa and U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz on Tuesday said they have agreed to five primary debates in their race to complete the term of the late U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye.
Congress showed us anew over the last year that an earmarking system that secures federal money for political pet projects is alive and well -- despite a promised ban by lawmakers. In fact, such funding even can live on after the sponsoring lawmaker has died.
Hawaii Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz on Wednesday was appointed the state's next U.S. senator, bucking the dying wishes of U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye to win the support of Gov. Neil Abercrombie.
The late Sen. Daniel K. Inouye was remembered Sunday as an American hero whose legacy as a war veteran and senator would be felt across Hawaii for years to come.
Sen. Daniel Inouye, a decorated war veteran who served a half century in the Senate, has died of respiratory complications at a Washington-area hospital. He was 88.
Plans to build a national memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower will be delayed into next year as the World War II general's family continues to object to a design by architect Frank Gehry.
Senate Democrats rejected a Republican effort to force defense contractors to send out notices of possible job layoffs four days before the election, calling the move politically driven and purely speculative based on looming spending cuts.
"For the little amount we put in there ... we get a good return, good returns," he said a few years ago.
"Our renewed drive for energy independence began several years ago with billions being invested once again in alternative energy," he said in a speech back in August at the Asia Pacific Clean Energy Summit.