- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Daniel Murphy
Hard to imagine one day on the job was truly enough for new Mets hitting coach Lamar Johnson to make much of a difference. It only looked that way.
Moments before the game, rapper 50 Cent went into his best windup and was comically off target with a ceremonial first pitch that sailed way wide of home plate.
A Linn County judge has ruled that the religious beliefs and practices of an Albany couple can be used as evidence when they are tried on manslaughter charges in the death of their 12-year-old daughter.
When told he was going to start the makeup of Friday's rainout, Daisuke Matsuzaka said he was certain he could go deep into the game, throw maybe 100 pitches, even though he's spent this season in the bullpen.
Thanks to some misfortune by the Mets and some solid defense of their own in the opener, the Diamondbacks had something to show for an oh-fer day.
The Mets are going to need more from Lucas Duda and Chris Young if their lineup is going to have any success.
Yasiel Puig wowed the Mets crowd with his genius in the field then made the fans even happier with two frustrating mental lapses on the bases.
Mets rookie Eric Campbell earned a start in left field because of his bat. He should be getting even more playing time because of his glove.
Jayson Werth robbed Daniel Murphy of a potential game-tying homer in the ninth inning Friday night, saving the Nationals' 5-2 win.
Rafael Soriano got his ninth save after Werth's game-ending jumping catch against the right field wall on a drive by Daniel Murphy with two on and two outs.
Juan Lagares was ready to contribute when given the opportunity.
Not even the New York Mets' stopper could bail out a suddenly stagnant offense.
Washington Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth had one regret following his game-saving catch Friday night.
With his pitching staff depleted by injuries, New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi had only one choice: keep sending Vidal Nuno back out to the mound.
Daniel Murphy stood in the batter's box, twisting his body as if he were directing the flight of his soaring drive down the right field line.
New York Mets' Daniel Murphy argues a strike as he is ejected from the baseball game by home plate umpire Seth Buckminster during the 10th inning against the Miami Marlins on Saturday, April 26, 2014, in New York.
New York Mets' Daniel Murphy (28) shouts and pumps his fist after he scored a run as Arizona Diamondbacks' Miguel Montero (26) pauses at home plate during the third inning of a baseball game on Monday, April 14, 2014, in Phoenix.