- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Daniel Snyder Items
Daniel Snyder and his wife Tanya were honored with the Charles B. Wang International Children's Award for their philanthropic work for kids.
The NFL should pressure the Washington Redskins to change its name, a bipartisan group of New York lawmakers said Tuesday.
Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, said Friday that he'd "probably" change the name of the Washington Redskins if he owned the team but that he personally isn't offended by the name.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says it's time for the NFL's Washington Redskins to change their name, linking the issue to racist comments by a professional basketball team owner.
Reid said the NBA made the right decision by banning L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life in the wake of racist remarks he made on a recently unearthed recording and that the NFL should follow basketball's example.
Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and the Redskins organization have announced the creation of a foundation aimed at aiding the Native American community.
The Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation "will serve as a living, breathing legacy — and an ongoing reminder — of the heritage and tradition that is the Washington Redskins," Snyder wrote in a letter distributed by e-mail Monday night.
You remember Fassel, don't you? He had one foot in the door to coach the Redskins not once, but twice. He won two UFL championships, beating not only Gruden but Jim Haslett the year before. Yet here is Jay Gruden, the guy who lost to Jim Fassel, with a five-year, $20 million NFL head coaching contract.
The Washington Redskins fired Mike Shanahan on Monday morning, bringing to an end the tenure of a coach who four years ago seemed likely to return a once-proud franchise to its winning ways.