- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Daniel Sturridge
Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
Liverpool moved to within a point of Premier League leader Chelsea with a nervy 2-1 win over Sunderland that was sealed by goals from Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge on Wednesday.
Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
Bayern Munich has taken team of the week honors in The Associated Press global soccer poll for the fifth time this season. The team followed up its 2-0 win at Arsenal in the Champions League with a 4-0 rout at Hannover.
Bayern Munich has taken team of the week honors in The Associated Press global football poll for the fifth time this season after following up its 2-0 win at Arsenal in the Champions League with a 4-0 rout at Hannover.
Liverpool beat Swansea 4-3 on Sunday to maintain its Premier League title challenge thanks to two goals each from Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson.
Steven Gerrard scored a last-minute penalty as Liverpool followed up its weekend thrashing of Arsenal with a gritty 3-2 win at last-place Fulham in the Premier League on Wednesday to revive its title campaign.
Liverpool did not even need Luis Suarez to make Arsenal look less than ordinary as the Reds went on a scoring rampage - netting four times in the first 20 minutes on Saturday in a 5-1 Premier League thrashing of the Gunners.
Liverpool missed a chance to strengthen its place in the Premier League's top four on Sunday when Kolo Toure gifted West Bromwich Albion an equalizer in a 1-1 draw.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge scored twice in a 4-0 win over Everton in the 222nd Merseyside derby on Tuesday, strengthening the club's place in the Premier League's top four.
Sergio Aguero's late hat trick rescued Manchester City from FA Cup humiliation at the hands of second-tier Watford, ushering the Premier League title favorites into the fifth round along with Liverpool and Everton on Saturday.
Liverpool is first in England and this week's Associated Press global soccer poll, while Lionel Messi tops the player rankings after his first-half hat-trick for Barcelona.
A spectacular double from Robin van Persie helped Manchester United begin its Premier League title defense with a 4-1 win at Swansea.
"It does not matter where I play on the field, it is about making a difference, making an impact," Sturridge said.