- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Daniel Sturridge
Neymar scored his second international hat trick to lead Brazil over South Africa 5-0 Wednesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo had a pair of goals to set Portugal's career scoring record in a 5-1 win over Cameroon as all 32 World Cup teams prepared for the tournament.
Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
Bayern Munich has taken team of the week honors in The Associated Press global football poll for the fifth time this season after following up its 2-0 win at Arsenal in the Champions League with a 4-0 rout at Hannover.
Bayern Munich has taken team of the week honors in The Associated Press global soccer poll for the fifth time this season. The team followed up its 2-0 win at Arsenal in the Champions League with a 4-0 rout at Hannover.
Tom Timmermann, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, United States
Liverpool beat Swansea 4-3 on Sunday to maintain its Premier League title challenge thanks to two goals each from Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson.
Liverpool kept up its Premier League title challenge with a 4-3 win against Swansea in an entertaining game at Anfield on Sunday.
Steven Gerrard scored a last-minute penalty as Liverpool followed up its weekend thrashing of Arsenal with a gritty 3-2 win at last-place Fulham in the Premier League on Wednesday to revive its title campaign.
Chelsea took over the Premier League lead, beating Newcastle 3-0 on Saturday behind Eden Hazard's first hat trick in England.
Liverpool did not even need Luis Suarez to make Arsenal look less than ordinary as the Reds went on a scoring rampage - netting four times in the first 20 minutes on Saturday in a 5-1 Premier League thrashing of the Gunners.
Liverpool missed a chance to strengthen its place in the Premier League's top four on Sunday when Kolo Toure gifted West Bromwich Albion an equalizer in a 1-1 draw.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge scored twice in a 4-0 win over Everton in the 222nd Merseyside derby on Tuesday, strengthening the club's place in the Premier League's top four.
Arsenal's title push was slowed by a 2-2 tie at Southampton, Liverpool routed Everton and American goalkeeper Tim Howard 4-0 in the Merseyside derby and Robin van Persie scored in his return from an injury layoff for Manchester United in a 2-0 victory over last-place Cardiff in the Premier League on Tuesday night.
Sergio Aguero's late hat trick rescued Manchester City from FA Cup humiliation at the hands of second-tier Watford, ushering the Premier League title favorites into the fifth round with a 4-2 win Saturday. Liverpool and Everton also advanced.
"It does not matter where I play on the field, it is about making a difference, making an impact," Sturridge said.