- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
Latest Daniel Webster Items
The pressure of performing between the white lines is nothing compared to the real life battles Ariel Ramos endured in the military while fighting to survive outside the wire of his base camp.
Norman Hobbie scored 20 points as Brown finished its non-league schedule with a 91-50 victory over Division III Daniel Webster on Saturday.
Nearly as many Americans die from guns as from car crashes each year. We know plenty about the second problem and far less about the first. A scarcity of research on how to prevent gun violence has left policymakers shooting in the dark as they craft gun control measures without much evidence of what works.
Richard Nelson Current, a prolific and award-winning Abraham Lincoln scholar who for decades was a leader in his field and helped shape a more realistic view of the iconic president, has died. He was 100.
In a story Aug. 11 about gun violence as a public health problem, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Daniel Webster of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research in Baltimore said gun ownership sometimes goes up after a shooting in an area. Webster said gun-carrying sometimes increases, not gun ownership.
Two hundred years ago, the United States was mobilizing for conflict. The country had formally declared war for the first time in its history, against Great Britain. Hostilities would last for three years and claim around 20,000 lives on both sides.
Rep. Alan Grayson is hailed by liberals as an uncompromising breath of fresh air and reviled by conservatives as a crass ideological bully.
Freshman Rep. Alan Grayson, one of the most outspoken and liberal members of Congress, may be wearing out his welcome in his moderate central Florida district.