- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Daniel Winnik
A few moments after Kyle Palmieri's shootout attempt hit both Montreal posts and skittered along the goal line without going in, Andrei Markov's shot left no doubt about an impressive win for the Canadiens.
Andrei Markov scored in the sixth round of the shootout, and the Montreal Canadiens beat the NHL-leading Anaheim Ducks 4-3 Wednesday night for their sixth victory in eight games.
The Anaheim Ducks regained their scoring touch - with a little help from the Nashville Predators.
Jussi Jokinen had a goal and two assists in the first period, Evgeni Malkin scored in the opening minute, and the Pittsburgh Penguins chased Jonathan Quick in a 4-1 victory over the struggling Los Angeles Kings on Thursday night.
Ryan Getzlaf has been shooting the puck more this season, and it's been paying off for himself and his teammates.
Having lost four in a row, Anaheim's players weren't feeling great, right wing Teemu Selanne said. But their coach knew full well that one victory could turn things around.
Talks between the NHL and the union are back under way for the first time in nearly a week as the sides again search for a deal to save the hockey season.
The Nashville Predators acquired center Paul Gaustad from the Buffalo Sabres.
John-Michael Liles of the Colorado Avalanche set an NHL record among defensemen by earning an assist for a ninth straight game to start a season.
"The way they play on the power play, they get four guys down below the hash marks after a shot," Winnik said after his first goal since Oct. 10. "It was something we knew going into the game, so we felt there could be chances that way and we were fortunate to get one tonight. It felt really good. It was a long time coming. It's nice to get that pressure off me."