- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Danny O'Brien
Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson will have all charges stemming from a Feb. 9 party dropped in 90 days if he fulfills terms of an agreement reached Friday.
Tennessee defensive lineman Danny O'Brien and ex-Tennessee linebacker Dontavis Sapp will have all charges against them stemming from a Feb. 9 party dropped in six months if they fulfill terms of an agreement reached Thursday.
Seven more Tennessee football players have received citations in connection with a party that led to the arrests of two current players and one former Volunteer.
Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson and defensive lineman Danny O'Brien were arrested on alcohol-related charges and resisting arrest, authorities said Sunday.
O'Brien arrived as a transfer from Maryland a year ago. He won the starting job coming out of preseason camp last year and held it for three games before he was replaced by Joel Stave.
All times EDT
As transfers from ACC schools who were eligible to play right away, the comparisons between new Wisconsin quarterback Danny O'Brien and predecessor Russell Wilson are inevitable.
The Washington Times' preseason college football Top 124
Maryland coach Randy Edsall named freshman Perry Hills as the Terrapins' starting quarterback on Tuesday.
With a pair of division heavyweights facing postseason bans, a lot of things would have to go wrong for Wisconsin to miss out on another trip to the Big Ten title game. And even after recent off-the-field drama involving star running back Montee Ball, Bret Bielema's team has its eyes on even bigger goals.
Every coach deserves a second chance, and this season was Randy Edsall's. He did not, to put it mildly, score a touchdown in his first year at Maryland. Indeed, he aggravated many inside and especially outside the football building with a swagger and certitude that simply didn't jibe with his 74-70 record at Connecticut.
One awkward cut during a mid-August practice ended Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown's junior year before it started — and quite possibly altered the trajectory of the Terrapins' season as well.
The situations are so alike that Danny O'Brien had to go out of his way to remind everybody that he's not the same player as Russell Wilson.
Former Maryland quarterback Danny O'Brien has committed to playing for Wisconsin.
A dozen players with eligibility remaining left Maryland's football program since the end of a miserable 2-10 season in coach Randy Edsall's debut.
The State Journal of Madison says O'Brien confirmed his departure.
"I think if you get caught up in trying to make plays, go the extra mile, you end up missing the easy stuff and missing stuff that you should have got," O'Brien said.