- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Danny Poleg
HEBRON, West Bank (AP) — Israeli security forces armed with sledgehammers, chain saws and power clippers smashed through the fortified doors of a building in the holy city of Hebron yesterday to evict two Jewish settler families and hundreds of supporters.
HEBRON, West Bank (AP) — Israeli police, using sledgehammers, chain saws and power clippers, stormed a building in the biblical city of Hebron early today and dragged out hundreds of Jewish settlers who had holed up there illegally.
Danny Poleg, a police spokesman, said four soldiers, 14 police officers and 12 settlers were injured during the evacuation.