- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Danny Tarkanian
Former UNLV basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian's condition has improved considerably since he suffered a mild heart attack last week, family members said Sunday.
Freshman U.S. Rep. Joe Heck has been running for re-election since he won in November, trying to fend off unrelenting attacks on his five-month-old voting record as the Democratic Party has saturated his Las Vegas district with billboards, phone calls and mailers.
No, he didn't make the cover of Rolling Stone this week. That was left to President Obama. But Glenn Beck did make the cover of the New York Times Magazine, the focus of "Being Glenn Beck"- one of those endless Times profiles that showcases the fancy footwork of fancy correspondents.
The judge in the money laundering case of former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay says he wants the former congressman from the Houston area to be tried first, before two co-defendants.
"He wasn't getting enough air into his lungs, but they have the problem under control," Danny Tarkanian told The Associated Press. "We're hoping he'll be out of the hospital in another day or two."
His father still hopes to take up Kentucky coach John Calipari's offer of a couple of Final Four tickets in New Orleans next week, Danny Tarkanian said.