- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Danny Welbeck Items
Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
Manchester United's wretched campaign reached a new low on Wednesday after a penalty shootout defeat to Sunderland in a dramatic League Cup semifinal left the beleaguered English champions staring at a season without silverware.
Samuel Eto'o seized on slack defending to score his first Chelsea hat trick in a 3-1 victory over Manchester United on Sunday that provided further evidence of the Premier League champions' struggles under David Moyes.
LONDON (AP) — There's no immediate risk to David Moyes' job at Manchester United. As for the manager's reputation? That seems to be sinking by the match.
Robin van Persie held off last year's winner Lionel Messi to earn player of the week honors in the first round of The Associated Press global soccer poll.
A spectacular double from Robin van Persie helped Manchester United begin its Premier League title defense with a 4-1 win at Swansea.
The forward completed Madrid's comeback in the 69th minute to secure a 3-2 aggregate win after the Spanish champions took advantage of United being reduced to 10 men.
A big reason why Manchester United now have a good chance of knocking Real Madrid out of the Champions League is also a big reason why Alex Ferguson has had so much success in 26 years at the club: because in tight spots, when the need for results is acute, Ferguson has faith in young people.
Heading into Sunday's European Championship final between Spain and Italy, 72 goals had been scored by the 16 teams that took part. Here's our pick of the top five (hoping, of course, that goals in the final might be even better):