- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Dante Gabriel Rossetti
The wistful maidens and valiant knights of Pre-Raphaelite art can strike the modern viewer as sentimental claptrap from the Victorian age. But a new exhibition of this British art at the National Gallery of Art insists that these pedantic, medieval-inspired works represent an avant-garde movement.
Never mind the "fiscal cliff," here's what's at the top of the mountainous schedule of music and arts events in store for Washingtonians and visitors this spring.