- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
Latest Darius Jennings Items
The loss was the fourth in a row for Virginia (2-5, 0-3), which gained just 7 yards in the third quarter after a fast start that made it seem like it would finally snap its losing streak.
Bryn Renner threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter after a goal-line stand preserved North Carolina's lead and the Tar Heels ended Virginia's postseason hopes with a 37-13 victory Thursday night.
Michael Rocco threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Jake McGee with 6 seconds remaining Saturday and Virginia rallied from a 10-point deficit to stun Miami 41-40.
When Virginia wasn't taking the ball from Mike Glennon, the Cavaliers were throwing him to the turf. Their defense forced five turnovers — after getting just four in the previous eight games — and six sacks in a 33-6 rout of North Carolina State on Saturday that snapped a six-game losing streak.
Wake Forest turned two weeks of turmoil into a turnaround it hopes will lead the Demon Deacons to a bowl game.
Losing five consecutive contests might obscure just how well Virginia's football team has performed in some aspects of the game.
After a hiccup at the start of the game, Virginia's defense mostly held its own against No. 16 TCU on Saturday. The Cavaliers' offense again couldn't generate anything significant in a 27-7 loss.
Virginia's receivers enter each huddle waiting to hear a high number.
Last season, Virginia didn't win on the road because of second-half meltdowns.