- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Darius Miles
After the Los Angeles Clippers set a record for the longest winning streak in franchise history, Chris Paul was thinking about Ron Harper, Corey Maggette and other former players who endured all that losing.
It's been a rough start for Washington Wizards rookie Bradley Beal. The 19-year-old shooting guard didn't get the typical adjustment period of coming off the bench and going up against second-unit players. Coach Randy Wittman threw him into the starting lineup and hasn't taken it easy on him for one minute.
Former NBA player Darius Miles was arrested after guards found him trying to take a loaded gun through security at Lambert Airport in St. Louis, a jail official said Thursday.
The Charlotte Bobcats have waived forward Darius Miles, a former No. 3 overall pick who was trying to make a comeback after being out of the NBA last season.
Players with checkered pasts. Guys trying to come back from gruesome injuries. Still another trying to prove he's not a bust.
Few things seem to be as certain as the abilities of the latest crop of professional basketball players on draft night. But trips to the green room and golden ticket contracts just as easily can lead to red faces and end-of-the-bench blues, and those feelings are only amplified by the NBA Draft's lottery phase.
Transportation Security Administration spokesman Greg Soule would not confirm that Miles was arrested, but said TSA officials contacted police after a passenger was discovered with a gun during X-ray screening around 3 p.m. Wednesday.