- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
Latest Darrell Issa Items
Rep. Elijah Cummings, Maryland Democrat, said Friday that the conflict between him and Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, is about more than just a clash between the two parties.
House Republicans beat back a push from Democrats Thursday to force Rep. Darrell Issa to formally apologize on the House floor after he cut off the microphone of the top Democrat on the oversight committee last week during a heated hearing.
Rep. Darrell Issa sent out a couple of apologies to his Capitol Hill colleague, Rep. Elijah Cummings, saying sorry for cutting off the Democrat at the tail end of a Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing.
Rep. Elijah Cummings said Thursday night that California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa called him and apologized for refusing to let Cummings speak during an IRS hearing. The Maryland Democrat said he accepted the apology.
Republicans circled around Rep. Darrell Issa Thursday, rejecting a Democratic effort to censure the House's top investigator after he cut off the microphone of the top Democrat on the oversight committee Wednesday during a heated hearing.
Republicans circled around Rep. Darrell Issa on Thursday, rejecting a Democratic effort to censure the House's top investigator after he cut off the microphone of the top Democrat on the oversight committee Wednesday during a heated hearing.
The White House said Thursday that Republican Rep. Darrell Issa shouldn't have dissed Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland by shutting down a hearing while Mr. Cummings was speaking.
The former Internal Revenue Service official at the heart of the agency's tea party scandal once again refused to answer questions at a congressional hearing Wednesday that quickly devolved into political bickering between Democrats and Republicans.
Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, said Sunday that Lois Lerner will finally testify about the Internal Revenue Service targeting of conservative groups — but Ms. Lerner's lawyer said she has no plans to testify before Congress.