- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - darren clarke
A chest injury prevented Darren Clarke from teeing up in his 500th European Tour event at the Qatar Masters on Wednesday.
DURBAN, South Africa (AP) — Raphael Jacquelin shot a bogey-free 5-under 67 in extremely windy conditions on South Africa's east coast to take the first-round lead at the Volvo Golf Champions on Thursday.
Tiger Woods believes it's harder than ever to win on the PGA Tour because of the increasing depth of talent of the players.
The McGladrey Classic still isn't sure what kind of field to expect as a regular PGA Tour event in November, about a month later than usual, and one week after most of the top players are in Shanghai for the HSBC Champions. For crowd appeal, the tournament received a boost from the commitment of Darren Clarke.
Darren Clarke will return to the PGA Tour for the first time in seven years, taking advantage of the five-year exemption he earned by winning the 2011 British Open.
Tiger Woods, looking to break his drought of 17 majors without a title, will tee off in the 8:35 a.m. group Thursday, playing alongside Davis Love III and Keegan Bradley.
A capsule look at 20 players expected to contend in the PGA Championship Aug. 8-11 at Oak Hill Country Club (players listed in predicted order of finish):
Martin Laird was at home in Scotland, closing in on the lead at the British Open when it all went wrong.
The fun-loving Spaniard, again showing how much experience matters at golf's oldest major championship, scrambled for an even-par 71 on Friday that was good enough to lead midway through the British Open at baked-out Muirfield.
Another sunny day along the Scottish coast. Another perilous test on the links of Muirfield.
They lined up four rows deep, craning their necks for a glimpse of Nick Faldo, Tom Watson and Fred Couples walking onto the first tee at the British Open.
If Graeme McDowell is hanging around Muirfield beyond Friday, the rest of the British Open field had better watch out.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
One of the best players who never won a major would love a crack at one now.
Dutch golfer Joost Luiten will take a one-shot lead into the final round at the Irish Open on Sunday with a chance at his second victory this month.