- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Darren Oliver
Alex Avila's RBI single with two outs in the 11th gave the Detroit Tigers a 3-2 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday, one inning after center fielder Austin Jackson kept the game tied with a spectacular catch.
Previewing the American League.
The Toronto Blue Jays have assembled a team with the potential to become a division champion this year _ just about anywhere else except in the American League East.
A team-by-team look at the American League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
David Freese homered in the 11th inning to give the Cardinals a 10-9 victory over Texas in Game 6 of the World Series, capping one of the wildest, most exciting finishes in baseball history.
First, Alexi Ogando watched Albert Pujols circle the bases. Then, Michael Gonzalez. And finally, Darren Oliver.
If Nolan Ryan had his own 2011 baseball card, there wouldn't be enough space to list all of his roles with the Texas Rangers.
A look at the best-of-seven World Series between the Texas Rangers and St. Louis Cardinals:
A look at the best-of-seven World Series between the Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants:
A look at the best-of-seven American League championship series between the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers:
Michael Young hit a three-run homer after a disputed check-swing, helping C.J. Wilson and the Texas Rangers beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-0 Thursday for a 2-0 lead in their AL division series.
"It was just one of those days," Oliver said. "Every game is a must-win. We didn't get it done today, need a win tomorrow. There's no doubt."
"When Pujols is at the plate, that's the first time he did damage. We fought back pretty good, the next thing you know he's up there batting with guys on base and brings them in," Oliver said. "That's what he does. That's why he's the hitter he is."