- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Darryl Issa
Democratic leaders outlined their plans Sunday for the upcoming Congress, with President Obama needing to fix the economy and score legislative wins to help his likely 2012 re-election effort amid a Republican-controlled House and a disillusioned liberal base.
Rep. Darryl Issa's Sept. 20 Commentary column, "Time for another government bailout," includes many inaccuracies about the U.S. Postal Service. It appears to be nothing but a political attack on government workers and labor unions.
It's election time in an era of polarization, but that doesn't excuse misleading the public with claims that the U.S. Postal Service seeks a taxpayer bailout ("Time for another government bailout," Commentary, Sept. 21). Nor does it excuse congressional interference with bargaining between the Postal Service and its unions. Unfortunately, the article by Rep. Darryl Issa fails on both counts.
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Rep. Darryl Issa, a California Republican, said he had invited Mr. Pickering and Mr. Mullen to testify, but they had declined.