- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Darryl Qualls
Dozens of fans brawled in a Rose Bowl parking lot before the USC-UCLA football game Saturday, leaving two men stabbed, two police officers with minor injuries and three people arrested for investigation of attempted murder, authorities said.
The stabbing victims were taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital, where they were in fair condition, Qualls said.
Qualls said that the last time the annual rivalry game was held at the Rose Bowl in 2008, there were about 50 arrests, but does not believe any of them were for assault.