- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Daryl Metcalfe
A farmer who serves on a western Pennsylvania school board says he'll challenge state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe for the Republican nomination in May.
Even as some governors and mayors eye tighter restrictions on firearms in the wake of the Connecticut school shootings, state legislators across the country are launching pre-emptive strikes against federal gun control proposals that may never even make it through Congress.
Arizona lawmakers are again diving into the national debate over illegal immigration by proposing a bill that challenges automatic U.S. citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.
Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, R-Butler, said Friday he requested an Ethics Commission investigation of Capouillez last year after reading news stories about Capouillez' work and hearing complaints from a former game commissioner, among others.
"The governor signed the same pledge and he broke it in three years," he said.