- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Das Rheingold
(The Rhine Gold) is the first of the four operas comprising Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung). It was originally written as an introduction to the tripartite Ring, but the cycle is now generally regarded as consisting of four individual operas. - Source: Wikipedia
The Houston Grand Opera plans to present the futuristic Fura dels Baus productions of Wagner's four Ring Cycle operas over four consecutive seasons starting with "Das Rheingold (The Rhinegold)" in 2013-14.
New York's Metropolitan Opera says conductor James Levine will withdraw from two upcoming performances due to lingering back problems.