- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Datacap Inc.
EMC Corp. has reached a deal to buy Isilon Systems Inc. for $2.25 billion in cash, the latest in a recent spree of acquisitions in the tech sector as companies look to broaden the types of software and equipment they offer big corporate customers and government agencies.
Hewlett-Packard Co.'s $1.5 billion deal to buy security company ArcSight Inc. is the latest effort by a major tech company to branch into newer businesses.