- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Dave Braine Items
Oddly, the angst over the Redskins' current situation provides one small supporting argument for why the team should stick with Shanahan. For most of the seasons between the end of the first Joe Gibbs regime and Shanahan's arrival, something like 1-4 would be the norm.
Dave Braine walked into Burruss Hall that Monday morning ready to lobby for a football coach who had few allies. It was a decision Braine knew could end up costing him his own job. Two days earlier, Virginia Tech finished the 1992 season 2-8-1 by losing to rival Virginia for the fifth time in six chances under Frank Beamer.