- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Dave Brandon
The last scheduled Notre Dame-Michigan at the Big House is Saturday. It's a big game. It didn't need any more attention.
Fresh off the first Final Four appearance of his career, Michigan coach John Beilein has a new contract.
Michigan coach John Beilein isn't going anywhere soon.
Brady Hoke was talking the way football coaches do, the way university presidents can't. Imagine, if you will, the snickering in academia if Michigan president Mary Sue Coleman, a biochemist by trade, accused her counterparts at Notre Dame of chickening out on a science fair.
A conference was expanding and splitting into divisions, and nobody knew what would happen to its two most bitter football rivals. Would they stay in the same division or be split apart?
Since 1943, fans have always known where to find the annual showdown between Michigan and Ohio State: Right at the end of the schedule.
Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez concedes he is nervous about this weekend's hearing with the NCAA.
Michigan has endured a lot of misery in Rich Rodriguez's two seasons in charge.
West Virginia student managers, graduate assistants and other non-coaching staff worked with football players on their skills and techniques in violation of NCAA limits during the Rich Rodriguez era and under current coach Bill Stewart, according to NCAA allegations released Thursday.
The University of Michigan made a lot of changes to the Big House, erecting luxury boxes and club seats in towering structures that loom along both sidelines as part of a $226 million renovation.
Brad Labadie has resigned as director of football operations at Michigan, saying the move is unrelated to an ongoing NCAA investigation into the storied program.
Brandon said he didn't read it until the team was headed back to Ann Arbor following a 13-6 loss.
"John is a tremendous ambassador of the University of Michigan and one of the most highly respected coaches in the country," Brandon said in a statement.