- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Dave Dombrowski Items
Alex Rodriguez might not make it back to the Yankees this year. Or ever.
Major League Baseball is threatening to kick Alex Rodriguez out of the game for life unless the New York Yankees star agrees not to fight a lengthy suspension for his role in the sport's latest drug scandal, according to a person familiar with the discussions.
The names are mostly known and so are the possible penalties _ 50 games for most, perhaps a lifetime ban for one.
The Detroit Tigers added some help for their shaky bullpen Monday, acquiring reliever Jose Veras from the Houston Astros for minor league outfielder Danry Vasquez and a player to be named.
Detroit manager Jim Leyland arrived at the Tigers' training camp Monday in Lakeland, Fla., marking 50 seasons since he first showed up there as a pencil-thin 18-year-old prospect.
Anibal Sanchez hadn't gone anywhere, really, and yet here he was getting a big "welcome back" from Detroit Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski.
Torii Hunter has reached the postseason six times in his career, but he's never played in a World Series.
Jim Leyland insisted throughout the latter part of the season that there would be a time and a place to discuss his managing future.
Jim Leyland is returning next year as manager of the Detroit Tigers.