- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Dave Hacker Items
Another Gray pick, another residency issue; D.C. ends popular Twitter account; Maryland cuts economic outlook; Md. votes on toll hikes; O'Malley, McDonnell talk education in N.Y.C.; Islamic faith an issue for GOP candidate in Virginia; Airport authority resists Rep. Wolf's proposed changes; Va. now considers two I-95 toll plazas; BGE: Irene cost $81M; Fossil find in Laurel.
Years of scraping away stones and sifting through loose dirt taught Dave Hacker some valuable lessons on fossil finding. So when the recent storms dumped nearly 10 inches of rain on the area, the Silver Spring resident grabbed his trowel and headed to the Dinosaur Park in Laurel to see what he could find.