- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Dave Heineman Items
A Lancaster County prosecutor has been selected to fill a district court judgeship opening in Lincoln.
Lawmakers are poised to act this session on income tax cuts aimed at Social Security recipients and veterans who agree to launch a new career or business in Nebraska after they retire.
A proposal to lower the taxable value of Nebraska ranch and farmland stalled Thursday in a legislative committee amid concerns it would erode the property tax base used by rural K-12 public schools.
A series of new Nebraska state budget bills has won committee approval for debate in the Legislature.
A consultant hired by the state is suggesting that Nebraska could expand its prison facilities to deal with overcrowding, but the idea faces opposition from Gov. Dave Heineman and a key state lawmaker.
Nebraska is joining a lawsuit that seeks to strike down a California law regulating the living conditions of chickens.
Gov. Dave Heineman says he's opposed to any use of public money to transport Nebraska prisoners to marriage ceremonies with other inmates.
Gov. Dave Heineman says Nebraska has plenty of money available for tax cuts, but it's up to lawmakers to pass them.
Nebraska could see an additional $99 million for its current budget, setting the stage for more debate over taxes and spending.