- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Dave King
A lawyer representing Gary Player says the golfer will oppose a claim of $1 million by his former caddie and business partner in South Africa for an unpaid loan.
The Phoenix Coyotes needed a big, stay-at-home defenseman to fill in while Ed Jovanovski is out with an injury. The Columbus Blue Jackets wanted more speed and financial flexibility.
King claims he loaned Player the money in 1999.