- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Dave Loebsack
With six women running in House and Senate primaries in Iowa this year, some are wondering if 2014 might be the year that the state finally sends a woman to Washington.
Mariannette Miller-Meeks says she'll seek the Republican nomination to Iowa's 2nd Congressional District in her third try for the House seat.
Democrats angrily denounced a Republican-led effort to strip food stamp funding from the farm bill and vote on SNAP spending separately, with one even suggesting that biblical principles demand lawmakers provide the benefit.
Twenty members of Congress have sent a letter to the Boy Scouts of America, urging it to drop its ban on gay youth and adults.